Friday, February 1, 2019


Do You Need a Friend?





Something I’ve noticed about my favorite writers is that I think they’re writing about me. Maybe not today’s me, or even yesterday’s me, but me someday. That’s what Barbara O’Connor does in Wonderland: The Novel. I found myself in all her main characters (yes, even the dog’s.) Poor little rich girl Rose is in need of a friend. Gypsy girl Mavis, whose mom just can’t find the right job, or man, or life, is never in a place long enough for her to make a friend. There’s Mr Duffy, who is not only mourning his wife but also his dog, and the runway greyhound Henry who only wants a true home. That’s all you need to know. If you’re like me, you won’t put the book down until you find out what happens to these star crossed friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment