Monday, April 21, 2014

I'm not saying it's true, but it certainly is fun to read about!


LLoch Ness Monster Enthusiasts Claim To Have Found Mythical Creature Via Apple Maps (Photos)


- See more at: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/loch-ness-monster-enthusiasts-claim-have-found-mythical-creature-apple-maps-photos#sthash.7t1tqb5g.dpufarticle image
 New satellite images which show what appears to be the Loch Ness Monster
  swimming below the surface of the loch in Scotland have been found using Apple 
 Maps app.
 There had been fears the mythical creature had died after more than a year
 without reported sighting.
 According to the Daily Mail, the photos, which could only be seen on some
  iPads and iPhones, were captured by two different amateur Nessie 
( as the monster is widely known) enthusiasts, Peter Thain of Northumberland 
 and Andy Dixon of County Durham.
“It was purely by accident that I came across the image,” Dixon said. “I was trawling
 through satellite transmissions of different parts of the country and I thought I would try
 Loch Ness.
“I could see something big under the water and I saved it to my phone. 
My first thought was that it was the monster and I contacted Gary Campbell of the 
Official Loch Ness Monster Club.
“I was a believer in Nessie even before this but I had never seen it. Now I am so 
excited, I can't wait to get up north and pay a visit - with a camera of course. 
Unfortunately I have not seen anything since but I will keep looking.”
Veteran Nessie-hunter Campbell said there is no way that the image can be anything 
other than of the monster.
"'When Andy got in touch at the beginning of the year, we finally managed to 
locate a device that had the image on it and asked some boating experts to look at it,"
 Campbell said, according to the Mail. "They confirmed that while it looks like a boat 
wake, it cannot be a boat as there is no hull or superstructure visible. This is confirmed
 by the fact that there are clear images of other boats in the pictures.
"Whatever it is, it's just below the surface and heading south, so unless 
there have been secret submarine trials going on in the loch, the size of the 
object would make it likely to be Nessie."
After looking at the photo, what do you think? Could it really be the Loch Ness Monster? 
Deep-sea biologist Andrew David Thaler says: “It’s been a long time since 
we’ve had a good debunking-random-monster-sighting post.”

No comments:

Post a Comment